Wednesday, January 31, 2007

some things i love...and dont like so much

yes i am so copying annie. I mean seriously, who wouldnt? but i cant commit to ten things i like cause its past ten and my bedtime was awhile ago, anyways
1. BLOGS
they are great. seriously, the first thing i do when i get home from school is check everyone's blogs. I also enjoy the fact that all the ones i check have links to the next ones i want to read. Its very convenient and it makes me happy that all my friends are friends with each other. so links make me happy...what can i say, im easy to please.
2. FUNNY FRIENDS
I have come to realize that i have a lot of very funny people in my life. And i really enjoy it. I love to laugh, and there are so many people around me who make me laugh. Im glad God made humor, and laughter. Its my fav when im with a group of people and we start laughing so hard we cant stop... and then you just feel so much better when youre done laughing. Its nice is all im sayin.
3. TECHNO MUSIC AT LUNCH WITH MORMONS
i mean you have to clarify something like that. Cause you cant just go around saying you really like techno music. at least i dont think i could. But at lunch, with the extremely funny (see # 2) mormon friends, its just so much more enjoyable. I mean have you ever seen several mormon guys dancing around picnic tables to techno songs. Its hilarious (really hilarious, since i am no longer able to use my previous adjective).
4. THE SCOOP VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH HARD CHOCOLATE ON TOP
for those of you who havent been to ghana and need yet another reason to come, this is a good one. Kinda superficial, yes, but still really good. This is non-dairy, non-sugar ice cream. It is made completely with honey and soy milk. I know that sounds nasty, but just ask our dear friends Ry and Annie and they can express to you just how not nasty it is. We've decided its addicting.
5. MY NEW DISCIPLESHIP GROUP GIRLS
Mrs. Nansie, our fearless youth group leader ( you have to be fearless to lead a youth group) has set up three discipleship groups led by the 17 and 18 year old girls in our youth group (there are three of us, hence the three groups. its late ok) And i have the most awesome girls in my group. Im so excited about this. Cause in all honesty they are prolly gonna teach me more than i can ever teach them. Its gonna be awesome, im excited.
6. POWER
so this is more a dislike, cause i dont have it right now. And its the fourth time tonight that i havent had it. So this post is going to keep going till we have it again. Cause the internet doesnt work when the power is off. And not only is this the fourth time tonight, we have it off all night tomorrow night. This is called load-shedding (code for ghana sells their electrical power to Togo and then tells Ghanaians that we have a water shortage and cant produce enough electricity) and it happens every five days for twelve hours. its my fav.
p.s. the power just came back on.
7. WATER
another kind of dislike cause for the past week and a half we havent had that. And i enjoy bucket baths (amazingly im serious, they are kinda fun) but a week is a long time. for not having a shower at least. And whats even more fun is when you are in the process of taking said bucket bath and the power goes off. Its awesome. Life is never boring here to say the least.
8. NOT COCKROACHES
um yeah i had to add this because as i was writing the previous one, a cockroach roughly the size of my thumb crawled up the back of my desk. My skin is still crawling. So just know that i had to pause in the middle of that last mini post and kill the cockroach (and in the process half the things on my desk). ew. those things dont die. And for those of you that will be discouraged from coming to visit because of that, i just want to say that that was a rare occurance, although they seem to like my room ( which is actually ok cause my mom and Mags hate them). ugh. sorry. im still grossed out. ok, moving on
9. BREAKFAST FOR DINNER
for those of you who havent tried this, it is a must. We had it tonight. One of the things that makes it so fun is that you feel like its saturday morning and you are making a big, stay-at-home-cause-you-have-nothing-to-do breakfast. Its great. And stress relieving. We had bacon, pancakes and hashbrowns. It was delicious.
10. DAVE BARRY
Hes funny. thats pretty much all there is to it
11. VERSES ABOUT THE LORD'S LOVE FOR ME
especially Zephaniah 3:14-17. "Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem...17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" How good is that?? It gives me butterflies. Its just so beautiful. And i feel beautiful hearing it.
12. BED
which is where im heading right now. gnight my wonderful friends. i love yall!!

7 comments:

Marie-Claire said...

oh my GOSH we are so much alike.

I love power and water too!! what a coincidence.

Also, I have loved Dave Barry ever since that night in your room when I read one out loud and you spit water out cuz you were laughing so hard. He's a pretty funny guy.

ALSO, we had breakfast for dinner tonight too!!! Eggs, pancakes and hashbrowns!! amazing. anyway, great post, good luck with the bucket baths.

Ryan Kennedy said...

Welcome to de Scoop! Please come again!

man I miss those guys

AnnieBlogs said...

I miss you more than I miss the Scoop guys.
Does that make you love me more than you love Ryan?
:) j/k- No worries, I love Ryan more than I love me, too.
You are a good blogger- the only problem is when you copy me but do it better. Touche. :)

james the bruce. said...

so i dont know how to change my stupid name...jimmy3546 seems to haunt me. i dont even know what it means. no one ever calls me jimmy. and the numbers 3546 have no application to my life.
well, ive been exploring, and ive discovered that you have an underground world of blogging. i had no idea what "dancing and singing with joy was", but i knew they had invited me to something. its a good thing it took me a month to figure it out. im here now.


hey. we have been pretty disconnected lately and its not all that cool. i will probably end up following the crowd and begin this adventure away from facebook, myspace, and xanga. its a little out of my comfort zone but i think i can adapt.

i want a new name. i cant figure this dumb thing out.

james the bruce. said...

figured it out.

Melinda said...

Hey-lo Dahling! I'm about to blog so won't say much. I need to blog about discipleship. I wonder how to get pictures on.... Last time I tried it didn't work so hot. Have a fabulous night! (Make my CD please!)

Emily-Cathryn said...

james, when your comment becomes longer than 10-15 lines it morphs into an email. im just sayin.