Monday, January 15, 2007

Im gonna drive

So at church yesterday Tonya spoke and she told this story. A little boy went up to his dad and said, "Dad, im gonna drive!" and the dad looked at his sweet little five year old son and said "YES! but lets wait till youre ready". Gosh. How often have i gone to the Lord and said "Dad, im gonna drive!" I want so desperately to do the "big" things, to go to the hard places, to be in the country and with the people that i know He has called me to. And He wants me there. But im not ready yet. If He gave me the keys now, i'd kill me and everyone around me. As much as i think im ready and as useless as i sometimes think these years of school and "mundane" life are, they are only preparing me for what He has called me to later. And that doesnt mean that this is a "break" and it doesnt mean that i just sit back and tell these years to hurry up and get over with cause i have bigger, better things to do. Im sure that little five year old boy played with lots of toy cars and pretended to "drive" for many years before he actually got behind the wheel. And i bet neither he nor his dad regretted those years of "play" and "training". I still have so much to learn. And ever so slowly the Lord is revealing the awesome opportunities and experiences He gives me every day. They are for a veyr specific person and i cannot allow myself to ignore them or blow them off even when they seem boring or useless. Thats it, i love blogs cause i needed to get this down somewhere and im not very good at journaling. the end

4 comments:

Marie-Claire said...

Kinda like the time you were driving with Mum and tried to merge into the other lane.

anna mo said...

lol EXACTLY! thank you mc (NOT marie) for brilliantly proving my point

AnnieBlogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieBlogs said...

What even happened there? My first comment got deleted? Geez.

Anyways, I think I've decided that I want my neices/nephews/etc. to call me "Anntie" like you guys do- a perfect mix of "Aunt" and "Annie".

I miss y'all. A lot.