Sunday, January 28, 2007

I love Matt Kearney

"Faith like a child from your first birth You left it in the dirt on your worst hurt And I see each tear in every scar The hands that have held you where you are And I can see we've strayed so far A king born under that morning star A crown of thorns that was placed to erace Each tear that touched your face His palms and sides were pierced with spears He hung in love just to draw you near My girl not of this world Can't you see this is where we started"

Does anything else really need to be said? After that, any words i write would be completely cliched and inadequate. I love how this man sings. His words are so big, so beautifully, scathingly sympathetic (that makes no sense unless youve listened to him. Its good stuff, thats all ive got to say

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I wanna hear him! I'm sorry you've been sick. (Missed you Saturday.) I gave the word I needed to by the way. NOT easy. But now I can sleep. Excited about discipleship? I am. We're doing ours on Wednesdays from 5:30 to 7:00. (YAY!)

Marie-Claire said...

I'm ESTP. Sorry. You thought I would be introvert???

anna mo said...

well yea...dangit. were like exact opposites. Thats hilarious. i always thought we were so much alike

Ryan Kennedy said...

Thank you for loving Mat Kearney. I stood all night at the Roxy in Atlanta to see him, and it was far from disappointing. You and Mat Kearney both rule.

Marie-Claire said...

ESTP and INFJ are literally opposites (according to the website), BUT they are very compatible together friendship-wise---- No Wonder!!

tatum said...

i heart mat. and you.

AnnieBlogs said...

Things that are the same about us-
1) we appreciate amazing singer/songwriters
2) we quote them on our blog
3) we eat ice cream from the scoop
4) we live in ghana.... wait.... I don't live there, I just love it there.