Sunday, May 20, 2007

Laughter

I love to laugh
HAHAHAH
LOUD and LONG and CLEAR.

Mary Poppins. One of those movies that just stays with you. I mean who doesnt enjoy watching people float on the ceiling and jump through sidewalk-chalk drawings? Who, in all honesty, hasnt wanted to be the person floating on the ceiling and jumping through the drawings? That movie represents a beautiful, carefree side of life that most people, myself included, lose at about age 6. I think people should mourn that loss more than they do. I mean, i understand needing to grow up and have responsibility and get work done. This is not some very flimsy Peter Pan-like protest against hard work or highschool. Its just a plea for us to be able and willing to let loose and laugh. For no apparent reason. And to laugh so hard that we cant stop. Laughter that makes your stomach hurt and ends up making you just feel better, body, mind and spirit, when its over.
My family has a new tradition. Every sunday night we gather in my parent's room and 'debrief' i guess. We talk about what the Lord has taught each of us, we tell fun stories from the week, we tell frustrating stories from the week. we talk. we sit. we spend those 20 minutes completely undisturbed as a family. It is a precious time. And at the end, to the sound of my unfailing protest, we lie on the floor, each with our head on one other family member's stomach. And someone starts to laugh. It is one of those feelings that should change the world. Liberating, beautiful, joyful, innocent. We just laugh. And the literal feeling of each other's laughter sets off a chain reaction that has us all in happy tears by the end. I feel clean, renewed and joyful in every part of my body by the end. Its awesome.
I Love to LAUGH
HAHAHAHA
Its Getting Worse Every Year.

6 comments:

Marie-Claire said...

The loss of innocence marks the beginning of a hard journey called adulthood. But rather than our lives automatically going 'downhill', we have the power to make it an arduous trek or a peaceful stroll. The choice is ours.

Live in the beautiful moments you and your family have together.

Melinda said...

I like Marie Claire.

(I like the chimney sweep song and everyone totally makes fun of me for that. They're filthy and dancing around on the rooftops. What is not to like I ask you?)

Michael said...

Isn't it hilarious how a random act that floated through my head changed the attitude of frustration to laughter and made a lasting memory! I surely won't forget our stomach laughter moments. Every family ought to give it a try...Marie Claire tell your mom and dad to lie down on the carpet with you and Benjamin and Upsa if he is willing.

tatum said...

you non-blogger you.

Ryan Kennedy said...

I love Upsa

AnnieBlogs said...

Ok, you need to blog about being in America, in GEORGIA, and the fact we STILL haven't even seen each other. Pah-shaw. Ridiculous.