Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Grade

So i kinda have a new motto if you will. Im getting kinda fed up with school so...ive decided that grades should be a means not an end. deep i know. and im sure this has been said before but i dunno i guess it just hit me recently. Cause Lincoln is a VERY competitive school that prides itself on very good grades. And that can be a good thing, it motivates people to do well. but im sick of it, quite honestly. And the fact that grades will get me into college drives me crazy. SO i think that grades should be a means of motivating people to pursue the knowledge that we hopefully come away with at the end of our schooling days. But they definitely shouldnt be the end or the reason that we're in a class or working hard in a class. Cause thats retarded. I mean, sweet, ill be able to say i got an A in Biology in highschool 20 years from now, but do i remember anything from Biology even now? Nope. Almost nothing. So thats my rant about school and grades. But i think that this can have a bigger meaning for my life as a christian too.

Ok Im gonna try and get this out, and i hope it makes sense. So first of all my Jesus says, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. So heres my thing. Stuff we do in our walk with the Lord and things we 'accomplish' is awesome. And its very important. I mean, He calls us for a purpose, absolutely, and Im not trying to negate that or say that its unimportant, it is SO important. BUT its not the most important. Its not the end. He has called us first and formost to LOVE Him. And to let Him pour His love for us over us, that we may spread it to everyone around us without even consciously doing anything but loving HIM. Talk about cool. He's showing me that this, above all, is my main purpose in life. I know that. I claim it. Cause it is just too awesome to let go of. And too important to ignore.

And I Pray that you, being rooted and established in LOVE may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the LOVE of Christ, and to know this LOVE that surpasses knowledge-- that you may filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

2 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

You are smart. Real smart. And cute. :) I miss you, Anna!

Melinda said...

I've been reading this blog awhile (no duh!) and I just wanted to say: Do not ever tell me that you cannot write. No "Wells..." No indiferent (I feel in my bones that I am spelling that wrong) shrugs. No "Yeah rights!" You can write. Very well actually. Don't ever stop. (That would definitely take the pink away...)